Friday, October 8, 2010

Why We Do What We Do

This week for the past 5 years has been a busy one. I am involved in the CONNECT Youth Rally in Union City, TN. In cooperation with at least seven other churches, the Baptist Association, and the Tennessee Baptist Convention, we pool our efforts and yes, even finances to bring together an annual budget of $20,000 dollars, Nationally known talent, and music for CONNECT.

It is fascinating to see it all come together, but one of my favorite parts is being backstage at the Obion County Fairgrounds and praying as we pull the cord and start the engine. People pouring out their hearts to God who makes it all possible. It all comes down to placing it in the Lord's Hands. We did all we could, working hard to set up 9 different regional School Assemblies to invite and cast the seed. We tried to be "all things to all men" for four days so we might reach some. However, on Wednesday night at Go Time, there's nothing left to plan - just turn it all over to God Almighty.

God delivered as He always does. I want to Praise Him for the 18 new souls that now Profess Jesus as Lord! It never gets old seeing the tears of brokenness. I remember my own brokenness, I remember the new life & status He bestowed. As I stood in the Counseling Building, I prayed, "Lord, lead me to someone..." God is good; Like a magnet, He connected me with three people that I could listen to and offer some wisdom to. The West Tn CONNECT Youth Rally is WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO. It is lots of work, but To God Be The Glory for the things He has done!

No comments :

Post a Comment