Saturday, July 30, 2016

Post Revival, Revival Post

I'm writing a little over 24 hours since I finished a revival. I've been to revivals before, but this one was different primarily because I was on the other side of the pulpit.

Outside of the extensive preparation, I found it only slightly different, for God still revealed Himself. He spoke to me through my preparation and even in the midst of the "moment of truth" when I was preaching. More than once, there was a prayer prayed over the services and over me; that God would be in our midst and also move me aside to show off the Cross.

Time and again, I am amazed that God uses weak people to accomplish His great purposes.
There's no spot of perfection in me, not one little spot, but God used me anyway for His perfect purpose.
I know He did, because I have confidence in His word that will not return to Him void when we boldly proclaim it. I know because He allowed me to see it. There's no greater feeling.

Isaiah 55:10-11 says,
"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it
.
"

Do you know that feeling of being used by God? You'll only know when you step out in faith. This week, step out in faith. Don't doubt, and don't look to find that boldness in yourself. Our confidence is in Him. 

2 comments :

  1. You "love to fish and preach," but not in that order I presume. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not in that order! Haha. I guess I should post some pictures of me preaching, eh?

      Delete